Rolling bearing is an important mechanical component. Whether the performance of a mechanical equipment can be fully developed depends on whether the bearing is lubricated properly. It can be said that lubrication is a necessary condition for the normal operation of the bearing, and it is essential for improving the bearing capacity and Service life plays an important role. So, what are the main functions of lubricants?
1. Friction control: Add lubricant between the friction surfaces to form a lubricating film to reduce direct metal contact between the friction surfaces, thereby reducing the friction coefficient, reducing friction resistance and reducing power consumption.
2. Reduce wear: There is a lubricating film with a certain strength between the friction surfaces, which can support the load, avoid or reduce the direct contact of the metal surface, thereby reducing the plastic deformation of the contact surface, melting welding, shearing and rebonding, etc. Adhesive wear.
3. Cooling and cooling: Lubricants can reduce friction coefficient and reduce friction heat generation.
4. Sealing and isolation: Lubricants, especially grease, cover the friction surface or other metal surfaces to isolate water, moisture and other harmful media from contacting the metal, thereby reducing corrosion and wear, preventing rust, and protecting the metal surface.
5. Vibration reduction: Lubricant can convert mechanical energy of shock vibration into hydraulic energy, which can reduce shock and absorb noise.